What is Trulicity?
USA Script Helpers talks about Trulicity and everything you should know about this medication. Trulicity is a prescription medication that’s used in adults with type 2 diabetes to:
- Help lower blood sugar levels. Trulicity is typically used with a diet and exercise plan to improve blood sugar levels.
- Lower the risk of major heart problems, such as heart attack, stroke, and death resulting from cardiovascular issues. This use is for people who have heart disease or are at risk for heart disease, in addition to having type 2 diabetes.
Trulicity comes as a liquid solution inside prefilled, single-dose pens. It contains the active drug dulaglutide and belongs to a class of drugs called glucagon-like peptide-1 agonists. (A class of drugs describes a group of medications that work in the same way.)
Trulicity is available in four strengths:
· 0.75 milligrams (mg) per 0.5 milliliters (mL) of liquid solution
· 1.5 mg per 0.5 mL of liquid solution
· 3 mg per 0.5 mL of liquid solution
· 4.5 mg per 0.5 mL of liquid solution
· The recommended starting dose of dulaglutide is 0.75 mg injected under the skins (subcutaneously) once weekly.
· The dose may be increased to the maximum recommended dose of 1.5 mg once weekly for additional blood glucose control.
· Pediatric use: The use of dulaglutide is not recommended in patients less than 18 years of age.
How is Trulicity Used?
Trulicity is given as a subcutaneous injection (an injection under the skin) once per week. Your doctor or another healthcare professional can show you how to give yourself these injections.
You’ll inject Trulicity under the skin of your belly, upper arm, or thigh. You should rotate the injection site (change the location of your injection) every week. This helps prevent hard lumps or fatty deposits from forming in the area of the injection. If you have questions about using Trulicity, please contact us at 1 (888) 646-7749 and speak to our licensed pharmacist.
Stop using Trulicity and get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Trulicity: hives; difficulty breathing; feeling light-headed; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have:
· Pancreatitis – severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting; signs of a thyroid tumor – swelling or a lump in your neck, trouble swallowing, a hoarse voice, or if you feel short of breath;
· Low blood sugar – headache, hunger, weakness, sweating, confusion, irritability, dizziness, fast heart rate, or feeling jittery; or
· Kidney problems – little or no urination, swelling in your feet or ankles, feeling tired or short of breath.
Tell your doctor if you are sick with vomiting or diarrhea, or if you are sweating more than usual. You can easily become dehydrated while using this medicine and this can lead to kidney failure. Common side effects of Trulicity include: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, decreased appetite, increased amylase, increased lipase Other possible side effects of Trulicity include: Indigestion, fatigue, injection site reactions (pain, redness, itching), hypoglycemia (in combination with other diabetes drugs).
Questions that you may have
Which drugs or supplements interact with Trulicity (dulaglutide)? Trulicity slows down transit of food and drugs through the intestine and, therefore, may reduce the absorption of drugs that are taken by mouth. Caution should be used when combining Trulicity with oral medications. Blood levels of drugs that have a narrow therapeutic index should be monitored when they are combined with Trulicity.
Is Trulicity used for weight loss? If so, what’s the dosage? No, Trulicity isn’t a weight-loss drug. But some people using Trulicity did report weight loss. This is because of how the drug works in the body. For more information on how Trulicity works and questions about managing your weight or using Trulicity, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
Trulicity has a half-life of about 5 days. This means it takes about 5 days for your body to clear half of a dose after you’ve taken it. Then it takes another 5 days to remove half of whatever is left, and so on until all of the drugs has been cleared. Typically, it takes four to five half-lives for a full dose of the drug to be completely cleared from your body. Trulicity starts working shortly after you start taking it. However, it may take several weeks to a month to see the full effects of Trulicity.
USA Script Helpers is an established pharmacy partner where you can buy Trulicity from Canada. Rest assured that you can also buy Canadian Insulin where the best price guaranteed really is the best price guaranteed. Although USA Script Helpers is not covered by Medicare and a separate company with similar names, USA Script Helpers offers Americans medical expense reports that you may submit to your local insurance companies. Should you be reimbursed that is separate from us. For more information simply give us a call at 1 (888) 646-7749.