Latuda may be used alone in adults as well as children ages 10 years and older. It may also be used with the drugs lithium or valproate in adults. In this case, Latuda is referred to as an adjunctive treatment because you take it with other medications. Schizophrenia. Latuda is used to treat schizophrenia in adults as well as children ages 13 years and older. Take Latuda exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. If you have any questions regarding your bipolar medication please do not hesitate to contact us to request to speak to a member of our contracted Pharmacy department. We understand the importance of familiarizing yourself with bipolar medication. Whether it be newly prescribed to you or you have been curious to read up about it. We got you covered. Latuda should be taken with food (at least 350 calories). You may need frequent blood tests. It may take several weeks before your symptoms improve. Keep using the medication as directed. Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve, or if they get worse while using Latuda. You should not stop using this medicine suddenly. Stopping suddenly may cause other problems.
It is easier to become dangerously overheated and dehydrated while you are taking Latuda. Drink plenty of fluids, especially in hot weather and during exercise. You may also be more sensitive to temperature extremes (hot or cold). Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. SIDE EFFECTS In rare cases, serious side effects can occur with Latuda. Serious side effects that have been reported with Latuda include: changes in metabolism, which can lead to: high cholesterol and triglyceride levels, high blood sugar, weight gain, trouble swallowing, high levels of prolactin (a hormone that helps regulate the menstrual cycle or sperm production), increased risk of falling, low levels of white blood cells, seizures, orthostatic hypotension (sudden drop in blood pressure that happens when you go from sitting to standing), trouble keeping a cool body temperature, allergic reaction*†, risk of death in older adults, with psychosis related to dementia*‡, suicidal thoughts and behaviors in children and young adults*‡, changes in mood*, movement disorders. If you develop serious side effects while taking Latuda, call your doctor right away. If the side effects seem life threatening or if you think you’re having a medical emergency, immediately call 911 or your local emergency number.
PRECAUTIONS: Before taking Latuda, talk with your doctor about your health history. Latuda may not be right for you if you have certain medical conditions or other factors affecting your health. These include:
1. bipolar disorder. If you have a history of bipolar disorder, Latuda may increase your risk for mania or hypomania (periods of energy and excited behavior). Talk with your doctor about your risk for mania or hypomania while taking Latuda.
2. Parkinson’s disease or Lewy body dementia. People with Parkinson’s disease or Lewy body dementia are at an increased risk for side effects of Latuda. If you have either of these conditions, talk with your doctor about whether Latuda is safe for you to take.
3. Allergic reaction. If you’ve had an allergic reaction to Latuda or any of its ingredients, you shouldn’t take Latuda. Ask your doctor what other medications are better options for you.
4. Pregnancy. It’s not known if Latuda is safe to take during pregnancy.
5. Breastfeeding. It’s not known if Latuda can pass into breast milk during breastfeeding. For more information, please see the “Latuda and breastfeeding” section above. You should always consult your doctor or other healthcare professional before taking any medication.
The drug information contained herein is subject to change and is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. The absence of warnings or other information for a given drug does not indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective, or appropriate for all patients or all specific uses. Our team at USA Script Helpers understands that our readers use our platform to familiarize themselves with medications for themselves and for their loved ones. At USA Script Helpers we make sure to inform all customers of products we have available. Buy Canadian insulin online at USH or buy tablet medications, inhalers, topical creams. We have it all. Although USA Script Helpers is not covered by Medicare, USA Script Helpers offers medical expense reports that you may submit to your local insurance companies. Should you be reimbursed that is separate from us. USA Script Helpers also offers best priced* guaranteed for all medications for more information simply give us a call at 1 (888) 646-7749.