What is Semaglutide?
Similar to a human glucagon peptide-1 (GLP-1), Semaglutide acts as a similar hormone produced in the body which is known as Incretin. Incretin is known to stimulate insulin secretion along with sugar metabolism. This occurs when glucose levels are increased. Typically this happens after an individual has consumed food. Type 2 diabetics are usually affected in regards to this.
Did you know that Ozempic not only lowers blood pressure but also blood sugar levels? Ozempic acts as an appetite suppressant which helps to manage chronic weight. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding how to use this medication please do not hesitate to contact your primary care physician or a member of our contracted Pharmacy department.
Did you know that Americans who suffer from heart disease may also use this medication? By using these medications those who are affected by any heart disease or troubles reduce their chances of experiencing heart attack, various forms of strokes and even death.
Semaglutide is recommended to be used with a healthy diet and daily exercise. Ask your doctor if this medication is right for you.
What is Ozempic?
Ozempic is formally known as the brand name medication of Semaglutide. Ozempic is a non insulin/ anti-diabetic medication that is used to help treat individuals who have been diagnosed with heart disease and type 2 diabetics.
What Are The Benefits Of Ozempic?
- Reduces chances of having any kidney problems and any type of damage
- Reduces chances of having kidney stones
- Reduces chances of blurred vision or vision lost
- Reduces chances of losing body parts
- Reduces chances of receiving implications that are related to anything Cardiovascular
It is important to know that this medication is not deemed valid to replace insulin medication. Speak to your primary doctor or a member of our contracted Pharmacy department.
Did you know that Ozempic comes as a prefilled single-use injectable pen that is disposable? This medication comes in 2 strengths which include 0.25 mg along with 1mg. Both medications are safe and easy to use. Be sure to follow instructions provided from your doctor.
How to use and Storage Ozempic Injectable Pens
Prior to the use of Ozempic, be sure to speak to your doctor or one of our licensed Pharmacists from our contracted Pharmacy department on how to use this medication safely and effectively.
Before injecting this medication into your skin, be sure to inspect the packaging for any discoloration or visible damages. Do not use it if there is anything that is visibly defective with this drug.
Be sure to clean the injection with rubbing alcohol prior to use. Be sure to circulate where you choose to inject to lower any type of risks that could cause any problems with the skin.
Try injecting into one of the following: Thigh, Abdomen or upper arm. Do as recommended by your primary doctor.
Ozempic (Semaglutide) can be taken once a week. Be sure to set reminders in your daily applications or visually on a calendar. Stay consistent when it comes to scheduling your dosage.Ozempic(Semaglutide) can be taken either with or without food. Your doctor may start you off with a lower dose than increase your medication over a period of time to reduce any chances of you experiencing negative side effects.
Be sure to follow your doctor’s treatment directions. This change can include both physical and dietary changes. Be sure to notify your doctor should your condition stay the same when using this medication.
How to Store Ozempic
Refrain from using this medication past expiration date. The expiration date will always be enlisted on the product. This would be either on the packaging label of the pen or on the carton. Be sure to keep this medication out of reach of children as well as Pets. Refrain from leaving this medication in any jeans or jacket pockets to avoid damage to pens and waste of products.
Prior To Opening:
- This medication should be refrigerated
- This medication should NOT be frozen
- Keep this medication away from direct sunlight
- Be sure to keep this in a visible location
- Ozepmic can be used for up to 6-8 weeks so long as this medication is refrigerated. Be sure to refrigerate this medication and keep cool.
- Refrain from freezing this medication as this medication is no good should it be frozen
- Should you experience any discoloration or cloudy visual please contact a member of our contracted Pharmacy department. A Pharmacist will consult you.
Be sure to keep the cap of the pen on when this medication is being stored and not used. Refrain from using this medication should the drug seem transparent or without color.
Refrain from disposing of this medication in any trash or waste system. Speak to a licensed Pharmacist from our contracted Pharmacy department to find out how to dispose of this medication the right way.
Be sure to speak to your doctor or our contracted Pharmacy department regarding any side effects you may be experiencing.
Very Common Side Effects (Affects every 1 in 10 Americans)
- Upset stomach / Diaarhea
- Nausea and vomiting
- Hypoglycemia (signs to be cautious about: nausea, increased huger, headache, pale skin, rapid heartbeats, poor vision, anxiety, unable to concentrated, shaking, fatigue. — This can be caused by sulfonylurea or insulin.
Be sure to speak to your doctor regarding Hypoglycemia.
Common Side Effects (Affects every 1 in 10 Americans)
- Low Blood Sugar known as Hypoglycemia
- Stomach Pain / Gastric pains / Indigestion / Burping
- Light Headedness / Dizziness
- Weight loss/ Decrease of appetite
- Loss of vision/ vision problems
- Increased heart rate
Uncommon Side Effects (Affects every 1 in 10 Americans)
- Easy bruising, rashes or burns from point of injection
- Increased heart rate
- Allergic reaction
Refrain from using Ozempic if:
- Do not use if you have any allergic reactions.
- Do not use if you have neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2)
- Do not use if you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding or intend on becoming pregnant
- Do not use if you or someone in your family has any history of thyroid cancer (MTC)
Do not share your Ozempic pens and be sure to change needles to avoid spreading any type of infection.
Tell your doctor if you have one of the following:
- Breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed, pregnant or planning on pregnancy
- Experience any type of allergic reaction to Ozempic or Semaglutide
- Are a Type 1 Diabetic
- Have liver disease
- Have increased heart rate or anything problem related to the Heart including Heart Disease
- Gastrointestinal disease
- Have ever had Pancreatitis
- Have any history of Liver disease or problems
- Have any history of ketoacidosis
Ask your doctor if Ozempic(Semaglutide) is safe for individuals who are living with pancreatitis or for minors under the age of 18.
Ozempic is not a substitute for any type of insulin. This medication is intended for Type 2 diabetics not type 1 diabetics. This medication is also not recommended for those who are suffering from any type of diabetic ketoacidosis.
Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
Be sure to tell your doctor if you are currently nursing, plan on breastfeeding, becoming pregnant or are currently pregnant. To this day, it is unknown whether Ozempic(Semaglutide) has any long term effects on unborn children. Prior to becoming pregnant, you should discontinue use of this medication for approximately 60 days which is equivalent to 2 months.
Driving & Heavy Machinery
Low Blood Sugar which is known as Hypoglycemia is a side effect that often occurs in diabetics. Therefore causing diabetics to lose focus and that is why it is important to avoid operating any heavy machinery unless approved by your primary doctor.
Buying Ozempic(Semaglutide) Online. Is this for you?
Speak to your doctor if this medication is suitable for you. Also be sure to inform your medical professional regarding any otc (over-the-counter) medications, supplements or vitamins that you are currently on. It is important to inform your doctor so that your doctor can catch any negative drug interaction that may be caused by the various medications you may take.
Be sure to inform your doctor if you are taking a medication that treats one of the following:
- treat hypertension
- treat heart failure
- treat ADHD
- suppress appetite or cause weight loss
- treat asthma
- treat HIV infection
USA Script Helpers offers support to Americans all across the USA. Save up to 80% off your medications when it comes to both your prescription and over-the-counter needs. You may give us a call at 1 (888) 646-7749 or simply send us an email to email@example.com. USA Script Helpers is open 365 days a year to serve you better. USA Script Helpers is an established Pharmacy partner with over 10+ years of experience in the online pharmaceutical market. Join Us Today!
Related Article: Current Ozempic Shortage: Updates and Impact in August 2023